Friday, August 22, 2008

Do you know . . .

Do you all know about Google Reader? Love it. I have a ton of blogs I like to read (friends & family personal ones along with scrapbook and stamping ones), but hate having to bookmark them all and then go to them one by one . . . but Google Reader saved the day! It does all the work for you. You simply enter in the URL of the blogs you like to keep up with and add a widget to your Google home page and it lets you know when there's new entries. Awesome. If you have any questions on how to use it, let me know and I'll help you figure it out.

Did you know that I linked our European trip weblog over to the left? I've had a few of you ask about pictures from our trip and a condensed version is available for you to check out. The best part is that you can look at them on your own time. If you want to just look at one or two pictures, that's okay too - we won't ask if you actually looked through them all! Cool, huh? Another bonus - Mike and I sorted through our 1800+ pictures and posted just the highlights, complete with captions!

And since I'm still fairly new to the blogging world and think it's fun to add pictures, here's a few more for you all! Today's posted pictures were taken on our trip up to my family's get-together this last June. The first one is of the road in front of my house. It was the road that I walked every day (uphill both ways, knee deep in snow, blah blah) to catch the bus. I still have occasional dreams (nightmares) of walking out the driveway and seeing the bus coming up over the hill knowing I'm going to have run the entire way to the corner! Good times, eh Craig & Chris? The second picture is of Isaac and Connor. They are in front of an old train car that was along side a road I passed almost every day of my life growing up (corner of Rose & Groveland Road, btw family). A lot of the farmers would buy them and use them as cheap storage sheds. On our way out of town we stopped and got a few pictures of them - I love how they turned out!

4 comments:

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

I LOVE your vacation pictures! What great memories. It all looks so beautiful and impressive but I especially liked Germany,though I might be biased. My dad grew up near the Alps in Ingelschaut and my mom in Vienna, Austria.

Ann said...

Up hill both ways. . . I was spoiled, I just had to walk out of my house and the bus would stop right in front. It was great. Hey I might just get some of our college pics on here, so watch out, no making fun, you were right there with me. . . in college with the big hair, so there. Can't wait til next month, what fun things are we going to do?????

Alissa103 said...

YAY, MaryAnn!!! So glad you've joined the blogging world :) (does that mean it's my turn?! Are you going to tell me next that you've started using the ATG and have thrown out your Cheetah?!) Your blog looks awesome! And I knew about google reader, but just didn't really understand what it did (LOL) so now that you've educated me, I'm going to try it! Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the goofy pictures!!! LOL!!!

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

Aah yes, the good ole days when we would see the bus come up over the hill and we would have to run the entire way, it was especially fun when it was raining or snowing. Or when we would actually leave early for the bus stop and the bus would be comming anyways. Thank you for the picture maryann, it brings back a lot of memories