Saturday, September 6, 2008

Got Sketch


I'm taking an online scrapbook class this month - It's called Got Sketch 102 (I missed 101!). So far it's been a lot of fun - great sketches, cool hints and tips. Click on the link if you want to check it out. Here's my first layout of the class. I work with sketches all the time in my design work but this class has been fun because it not only gives you a sketch, but it talks about repeating elements and how best to use different patterned papers together and make them flow, etc. Great stuff. I've really seen how these tricks make a difference. I've really enjoyed it!

About the layout: I love these pictures of Isaac all dressed up for Prom. He looked so sharp! Mike wasn't too crazy about the Converse shoes and the colored shoe laces, but it was what all the guys in their group were wearing! He had a great time. :)

6 comments:

Meredith Ferrin said...

He does look SHARP!! Man i can't believe he is old enough or Prom....scary! Love the shoes!

Meredith Ferrin said...

and....love the layout....I would love to keep seeing your work!!!

Good luck with the class!

Alissa103 said...

I remember you telling us about the shoelaces... how fun to see this page now! I think this turned out cute (or handsome, really, since it's your DS. LOL!) Keep us updated on how the class is going. After seeing your LO I'm regretting I didn't make time for this one!

Tammy said...

I love your pictures of your Europe trip what a blast. Thanks for sharing.
Id love to find out about the google reader.
First time here
Tammy Montgomery

Tammy said...

I love your pictures of your Europe trip what a blast. Thanks for sharing.
Id love to find out about the google reader.
First time here
Tammy Montgomery

mattis0n said...

That is such a cute layout. Why do you even take the class- when you could teach it. Your layouts are just as adorable!! (if not better) It was fun to get to visit with you last week. We really need to get together and have lunch or something. I can't believe how old your kids are getting.